Saturday, July 10, 2010

Strategies for Building Personal Power - Read Drucker

Finding a great resource is always a great strategy. One of my favorite resources is Peter F. Drucker. According to Wikipedia, Drucker was a writer, management consultant, and self-described “social ecologist." In my book, he is a tremendous asset to any toolkit to build personal and professional power. He was a leader in management consulting.

In 1999 , the Harvard Business Review published an article entitled Managing Oneself. The essenence of this article is distilled into the following five questions. Drucker believed that if one asked themselves these five key questions they could and would build a life of excellence.


What are my strengths?
How do I work?
What are my values?
Where do I belong?
What can I contribute?

For the entire publication, please follow this link to the rest of the publication: http://academy.clevelandclinic.org/Portals/40/managingoneself.pdf


I am always open to new resources and tools, please feel free to share your favorites.

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the resource. From my experience, most people do not have clarity around what they do well and expend far too much energy attempting to correct what they believe they do not do well.

    ReplyDelete