Sunday, May 30, 2010

Promoting Health and Wealth - Purpose

Now I'd like to start by sharing some definitions of the word purpose...

The Free Dictionary by Farlex

1. The object toward which one strives or for which something exists; an aim or a goal:
2. A result or effect that is intended or desired; an intention.
3. Determination; resolution:


or

Free Merriam Webster Dictionary:


1 a : something set up as an object or end to be attained: intention
b : resolution, determination
2 a subject under discussion or an action in course of execution synonyms see intention — on purpose: by intent: intentionally


As I read and write these words, a quote by Michelangelo comes to mind.

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.

A question to ask myself today therefore becomes, "Is my purpose, my intention, my aim high enough for me for me to be happiness, health, wealth and live a life in flow?" This inner exploration is certainly not as easy as it looks, that's for sure. But I'm committed to keep my aim high!

Thoughts, comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment