Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Promoting Health and Wealth - Day 2 - Exploring the Comfort Zone

How do we move out of our comfort zone? We explore. Whenever I ask a group of people "how many of you like to explore?," invariably, most, if not all hands go up. So, I'd like to get you a little excited too. Raise your hand if you like to explore. If not, you might as well stop reading.

What tools do we need to go on this exploration? Our minds, our hearts, our imagination and a pen and paper (You can even use colored pens, journals, composition books or your handy dandy computer). Very little monetary cost, but certainly this can cost a lot of mental and some physical energy.

In order to explore the comfort zone, we will need to orient ourselves to our present environment. To orient, we will need to ask ourselves several questions.


"How do I spend most of my time?"
"How do I deal with challenges?"
"What in my life motivates me to jump out of bed and get started everyday?"
"What songs play in my head, even when there is no music playing?"
"What interests me?
"What bores me?"
"What puts me to sleep?"


James Allen has a marvelous quote, that actually helps me move past my comfort zone. "Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him." Every time I think of this quote, I know that I can and will explore my comfort zone so that I discover a health-filled, wealth-filled day. Invariably, my day gets more exciting. New experiences show up. I meet new people and make new friends. I found amazing ways to use my talents and learn something new.

That certainly doesn't leave a lot of time to sit in my comfort zone. What about you? Interested yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment