Saturday, May 22, 2010

Promoting Health and Wealth - Day 6 - Moving Out of the Comfort Zone

Yesterday, I mentioned that having a visual prop can help move you out of your comfort zone. Which leads me to the next question - "What songs play in my head, even when there is no music playing?" Now I'm sure that you have thought I have totally lost it, but admit it, don't you sometimes find yourself humming, whistling or even singing out loud in the shower a song that makes you smile.

Well, I have noticed that a certain song will pop up in my mind and actually play all day long. This auditory prop inspires me to keep going when I'd rather just take a break. For example, the last week, the classic Rogers and Hammerstein song, OH, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING, has been playing in my head constantly.

The refrain goes like this...

Oh, What a beautiful mornin’,
Oh, What a beautiful day.
I got a beautiful feelin’
Ev’erything’s goin’ my way.


Now I don't think I've heard that song in years but it sure does make me take notice of how wonderful the world and life is. This song is even playing on the rainy day.

Another song that was big in the 1980's was I'm So Excited sung by Donna Summer. Now, that song pops up for me when a new idea, project or change is happening in my life.

Here's the refrain, just in case your wondering...

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it


I'm grateful that I am noticing the songs that make me more positive, more energized and more willing to move me.

What about you, are there any song's playing that move you out of your comfort zone?

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment