Sunday, May 23, 2010

Promoting Health and Wealth - Day 7 - Moving out of The Comfort Zone

Today's the day we are going to move our exploring to another level. By asking myself and others the next question, "What interests me?, I often find myself and others giving me a quick, top of mind awareness answer, such as: I like hiking and biking, I like fishing and hunting, I like reading and writing, I like nature, I like the environment. I love helping people.

Once again let's consider how important our subconscious mind is in helping us to discover how to move out of our comfort zone. To help us focus in this exploration - I'd like to revisit the the seven elements of life that I mentioned on Day 3 - physical, mental, family, financial, social, career, and ethics.

My comfort zone might say let's focus on one element at a time, but life isn't that simple is it. In fact, because I sometimes sometimes get so intent on one element - I over look how my interest(s) have many connections that I have failed to overlook because I want to go to the first, easiest answer.

Remember, I mentioned that I am treating this blog as an opportunity for exploration. Well, in exploration, there is danger, discomfort, and even fear. But, according to a book written by Susan Jeffers called Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. I am willing to spend time expanding how one interest really is affecting my success in my family, my finances, my career, my physical health, my mental growth, my social interactions, and my ethics.

Sound like fun, I'm committed to keeping this question in mind today and I will let you know how much I discover about the power of knowing one's interests!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what interests you.

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment