Thursday, May 20, 2010

Promoting Health and Wealth - Day 5 - Motivation - Moving Out of the Comfort Zone

Every ask yourself this question, "What in my life motivates me to jump out of bed and get started everyday?" Well, I didn't consciously ask myself that until I opened my own business nine years ago.

Normally, one of my all time favorite comfort zones, especially at 5:30 in the morning, is my bed. However, I will tell you this, once I decide that my day is going to be on purpose and with passion, I rarely hit the snooze alarm. In fact, I'm one of those painfully annoying people that I am up like an on switch.

My purpose and tag line is to create attitudes and strategies tapping limitless energy (C.A.S.T.L.E.) CASTLE is the acronym that I wrote more than 5 years before I started my own company. I shared with a colleague that the image of the CASTLE was motivating to me and came up with the tag line on the spot.) She thought I had totally lost my mind, but today I still often use that tag line to describe my business. And, I have a marvelous collection of castles - visual props are great sources of motivators to move one out of their comfort zone. Do you have any special props to help you leap into action?

Other ways that I move out of my comfort zone, a.k.a.my bed, to actually jump us are to say verbal affirmations such as, "I will liberate potential, I will help people and organizations find extraordinary health and wealth. I close my emails with all the best in health and wealth.

We, as human beings were wired to overcome challenges and explore new terrains. I believe along the way, somehow we have forgotten that. Let's revisit Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs motivation theory. The next to the lowest level of motivation is the "need for safety and security." Now if one wants to move towards the highest level - self actualization - one really needs to move out of their comfort zone.

Any thoughts on this theory?

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

1 comment:

  1. When we share our positive intentions such as mine if peace and abundance with others, amazing things happen. You are right own about leaving our comfort zones if we truly wish to soar with the eagles instead of being on the ground with all the chickens. Leanne Hoagland-Smith, author of Be the Red Jacket.

    ReplyDelete