Thursday, May 20, 2010

Promoting Health and Wealth - Day 4 - "How do I deal with challenges?"

Yesterday, after raising the question "How do I spend most of my time?", I made a conscious effort to pay attention to whether I was investing or wasting my time. It's amazing how much my awareness increased about my time use just because I was intentionally focused on time uses.

This leads me directly to the second questions - "How do I deal with challenges?"

The comfort zone supports our habits - the good, the bad and the ugly. We need to increase our consciousness about why, what and how we are doing what we do in order to move out of our comfort zone. This takes effort, much more effort than one realizes. There are numerous studies regarding the subconscious versus conscious mind. As much as we would like to think we are in control (conscious), studies show that the percentage of time our mind operates at the conscious level varies from 15% (mostly relaxed and aware) to 5% (stressed and unaware). Which leaves our minds in whopping 85% to 95% subconscious state!

Recently, a colleague shared with me that we don't have a time management challenge, we have a goal management challenge, and I do believe that is partially true. However, I am becoming intrigued with the theory that we might really have a purpose, passion and then intention management challenge. This quote from one of my favorite self development speakers and writers, Dr. Wayne Dyer supports that theory, "You must match your intention's attributes with your own in order to capitalize on those powers in your life." So how does one "match" intention with power?

I could virtually go on for pages with the challenges that we believe we encounter. But, I do believe, no I know, that for me personally, as soon as I clear up my purpose, passion and intention challenge - my goals and my time magically align. Many responses to my challenges are blow out of proportion, almost to degree that I can justify analysis which leads to paralysis. Or my personal favorite, lack of awareness leading to total oblivion.

What would happen if we took the time to align our conscious thoughts and actions to our purpose, passion and intentions? What would help us to attain Abraham Maslow's highest level on his Hierarchy of Needs motivation theory - full Self Actualization?

This leads me to the third question -

"What in my life motivates me to jump out of bed and get started everyday?"

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment