Saturday, May 29, 2010

Promote Health & Wealth - Day 12 - Learning to Live in Flow

It's amazing how much there is to learn about this concept of Flow. At first, for me when there is something new to learn, it feels almost random and overwhelming. Learning about being in Flow is no different - every where I look there is more information - the internet, books on my shelves, libraries, universities. How can one learn more effectively to live in flow? I've learned that I'm a balanced thinker - fortunately or unfortunately for those around me, I'm a really big systems and practical thinker, as well as highly empathic. Therefore, creating a process helps me break down really big ideas into something manageable for me and those around me (otherwise, I would make everyone else crazy).

In my mind, the process starts with an assessment. Wonderful way to start any discovery process. In this process, I realized I needed to determine the purpose or the "why" as I embark on my adventure to live in flow.

To help me focus on clarity and purpose, a favorite comes to mind. Viktor Frankl, an Austrian neurologist, psychologist and Holocaust survivor wrote in the preface to his book, A Man's Search for Meaning, "Don't aim at success - the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue...as the unintended side-effect of one's personal dedication to a course greater than oneself."

What powerful words. Focusing on "dedication to a course greater than oneself." For me that is tremendously appealing. It helps me get off the little me and my thoughts of what do I get out of this, to, helping me to see, think and feel with the greater me and to be more - more compassionate, more understanding, more motivated, more of a contribution.

Can you feel the energy shifting - I am even as I write these words. Any thoughts, ideas or comments?

All the best in health, wealth and living in Flow

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment