Thursday, May 27, 2010

Promote Health & Wealth - Day 11- Flow

Dr. Csikszentmihalyi's entitles his first chapter and Introduction to Flow - Happiness Revisited. His opening line - "Twenty-three hundred years ago Aristotle concluded that, more than anything else, men and women seek happiness." Csikszentmihalyi goes on to write, "While happiness itself is sought for its own sake, every goal - health , beauty, money and power is valued only because we expect that it will make us happy."

As I reflect about Happiness Revisited, a simple quote comes to mind - "Be, Do and Have." I realize that consciously one often thinks one needs to DO something to make one happy. However, as I continue to explore and study about human potential, I am increasingly aware that we don't know HOW to be happy. We are unsure how to allow ourselves to BE.

It's funny, Dr. Csikszentmihalyi, also mentions that people need to "discover" what makes them happy and then their quality of life will improve.

Now I am literally tingling with excitement. I can feel my happiness meter rising, just because I am focusing on being happy - wonderful concept. Now I'm going to work through Flow's ten factors - tomorrow - Clear Goals.

What do you think?

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment