Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Promoting Health & Wealth - Prioritizing Goals, Think Critically

Concentrating on clearly defined purpose and goals, already is making life more simple . As I keep my purpose to work with people to liberate their potential, my one clear goal to expand my expertise with human potential is helpful, but can really not be the best priority at this time. After all, I realize that communication, motivation, decision making/problem solving, just for starters now become imperative issues to address. How can I set goals so quickly? How can I use better critical thinking skills.

In a great conversation with a colleague and a master of critical thinking, as always, he helped set me straight - I really had a long way before jumping into setting goals. For starters, he actually helped me to formulate four questions:

1. What questions do I have or problems to be solved that will help me to stay on purpose?
2. Have I gathered enough relevant information to select and prioritize goals?
3. What conclusions or solutions will I select and how will I test their relevance and value?
4. How will I communicate to others my plans and decisions and receive input without allowing ineffective influence?


Well, as you can see it now become imperative for me to do a lot more exploration and fact finding to be sure that I make the best decisions and goals in this process of flow. Otherwise, I'll still be doing busy work that actually distracts me from my mission. I wrote early on today that my life would be simplier with clear purpose and goals, but it sure isn't easier.

I have a ton more work to do. Any thoughts?

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment