Thursday, June 3, 2010

Promoting Health and Wealth - Problems and Questions

In reflection, I realize that one of the biggest reasons that I started this journey is because I wanted to work on my personal accountability. In the past, I have worked very hard on helping others increase their personal accountability and achieve success. Then it dawned on me, if I develop my own personal accountability, I would definitely improve my health and wealth.

Our bodies are wonderfully designed - our body is a reflection of all that we put out in the world, even if what we put out is only a thought. For example, I am fortunately a really healthy person, rarely get sick. For most of my life, however, whenever I would move into a mode of working excessive hours, pushing, pushing, controlling projects or events, I would end up with a terrible cold and then acute bronchitis. As I dug deeper into the cause of this problem, I became aware that my body was telling me to slow down, enjoy the ride and pay attention to the beauty of the experience rather than just plowing through. My body gave me the message loud and clear.

You're working too hard!
This job or project is not for you!
It's time to take a break!


I still didn't totally get the message for other aspects of my life that might be holding me back.. I wasn't really consciously making the best decisions but at least when a cold cropped up, I knew it was time to stop and ask what I needed to change or do differently.

One great resource for helping me in this process to improve personal accountability to help I me to enhance my strength in the questioning arena is great book by John G. Miller, called QBQ - The Question Behind the Question. In my opinion, this is one of the best books in the market today on personal accountability.

This book can be read in about an hour and can help one master the art of questioning. I don't want to give away the essence of the book, it is well worth the investment in time and money.

What about you, any suggestions on how to enhance this questioning, discovery process to help promote extraordinary health and wealth.

All the best in health and wealth,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment