Thursday, September 30, 2010

Use Our Mind to Change Our Energy

Lately, I have been struggling with insomnia-waking up every hour. As you can image, I've been feeling pretty awful with overwhelming fatigue. I could feel the energy I was producing, not just physically and mentally, but the energy surrounding me spiraling down. I did what we all do when we feel desperate-I looked for a quick fix. I felt out of control. I called my physician and began experimenting with different medication to help me sleep. I didn't like any of them but settled on Ambien. I still didn't sleep through the night and felt hung over during the day. I spent half the day immobilized.

After a couple of weeks, I knew I was done with this level of desperation. I had a bit of a pep talk with myself, changed my mindset, and created a new plan. That night I stopped the Ambien, even though I knew it would be a terrible night. The next day, I got on the treadmill and walked, and implemented a new health plan.

I took control of myself. I'm still tired, but the energy I have created within myself is positive, giving me a new outlook. As a result, I even feel better physically and mentally.

Our mind is powerful and in the controls of our life. I have a long way to go. I created enough positive energy to push through the fatigue and take different action to feel better and fulfill my goal - getting quality sleep.

Remember that old saying " A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste!" I used my mind to create positive energy to make me feel better.

Judy Rienzi

No comments:

Post a Comment