Thursday, September 23, 2010

Don't Worry About Mistakes, Learn Lots of Lessons

Let's review the seven possible tips to help us be the extraordinary CEO in our own life.

  1. Introduction to BE
  2. Create focus and display attributes
  3. Look for derailers
  4. Set strategies
  5. Discover resources
  6. Courage
  7. Invitation to get started
Next, and ongoing, note the progress. This is perhaps the most often overlooked in our process. Measuring the incremental changes as well as the monumental success, helps to keep us humble as well as keeps us motivated.

One of my favorite mentors, my daughter informed me when she was little and we were reviewing the results after an experience that, "I don't make mistakes, I learn lots of lessons." To this day, this wonderful young woman reviews her progress, adjusts and moves on. To this day, I value that feedback.

Another friend and colleague recently shared with me some insight into how effective I was in communication. She shared some insights about what she noticed over the course of time and ave me some valuable suggestions. This caused me to reflect honestly. Fortunately, communication is a huge part of life. Receiving objective feedback increased my awareness. I immediately made some small and subtle enhancements. The results are already amazing.

Reviewing progress is ongoing. I do also make sure that I have at least weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reviews personally and professionally. Fortunately, in some cases I am able to receive some progress report daily. It's up to me to learn lessons.

How many lessons can you learn as you become your extraordinary ECO?

No comments:

Post a Comment