Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Live on Your Terms - "Explore. Dream. Discover."





"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover. "
Mark Twain

If you feel life is passing you by, it probably is; that's the nature of time. However, the person who is willing to explore, dream and discover will at least have life pass by on their terms.

Questions to ask yourself:

What have I explored (looked into closely; examined carefully; investigated) about
  • myself?
  • my company?
  • my community?
  • a new interest?
  • how would I handle this challenge?
What have I dreamed ( a condition or achievement that is longed for) about
  • myself?
  • my company?
  • my community?
  • a new interest?
  • how would I handle this challenge?
What have I discovered (To be the first, or the first of one's group or kind, to find, learn of, or observe) about
  • myself?
  • my company?
  • my community?
  • a new interest?
  • how would I handle this challenge?
To explore, dream and discover take courage and positive energy and yes will lead to great opportunities to live life on your terms. It's sounds to me a lot better than "being disappointed twenty years from now."

What about you, interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment