Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving a Habit Not Just a Holiday

The great news about Thanksgiving is that it doesn’t have to just the second Monday of every October in Canada or the fourth Thursday of every November in the U.S. Thanksgiving can actually become a habit.

One might ask, “Why make Thanksgiving a habit?”

The reasons are infinite and personal. Appreciating that, I will share with you three of my reasons for creating a habit around thanksgiving.

It’s necessary. For me, taking the time to write or say thank you is a wonderful way to let others know that I was aware of their contribution.

It’s sincere. Saying and showing thank you in a genuine and heartfelt manner. Expressing and acting in gratitude that let’s the person know that it really added value to myself and others.

It’s positive and inclusive. The one person that I have had to become more conscious of thanking was me. Saying and writing a thank you note is something that I do at least once a month. Some months are tougher than others, I’m not always thankful for acting like a jerk or putting my foot in my mouth. Then I may only be writing that I am thankful finding a need to change.

Sound like a good habit to create. Please share with me what might be motivating you to make thanksgiving a habit and not just a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment